|Original artwork Jonas DeRo
- Change the width and height of the rear wing, displacing its interaction with the diffuser and changing the car's wake profile, hopefully allowing a little more slipstreaming.
- Widening the front wing to allow a physical barrier to the airflow across the face of the tyre, which would make wheel wake control more achievable
- Introduction of a mandatory shape to the central section, which would limit the differential between each machine and give relatively similar flow structure to the rest of the car across the board.
- Moveable front wing flap, allowing six degrees of motion twice a lap
- Remove large bargeboards and aero flicks, reducing drag and the complicated aero wash they generate
Part II of the article is now available and can be read here: http://www.somersf1.co.uk/2017/10/f1-2021-part-ii.html